Wooden Street is an online furniture store offering customized and ready-made furniture to the customers directly at their doorsteps. It is mainly focusing on providing innovative multi-utility designs to the customers at affordable prices.
Wooden Street has more than 8000+ products in-store and 50000+ customers. Wooden street is a team of 50+ design and marketing consultants. They also offer a wide range of ready-made as well as customized design furniture to every customer all over India.
Wooden Street – Startup Insight
|Startup Name||Wooden Street|
|Founders||Vikas Baheti, Virendra Singh Ranawat, Lokendra Singh Ranawat & Dinesh Pratap Singh|
Wooden Street – About the company and how it works
Wooden Street is well-made furniture that brings out the alive aesthetics of your home, giving it all an elegant and classic look that makes it look luxurious in every way. They are aiming to make a difference in the way people shop for their home décor and furniture. They believe that choosing furniture should be easy to acquire and look always pleasant. This approach makes them stay unique from all other stores.
Wooden Street has also evolved into an omnichannel network, spanning across India, with over 25 experienced stores, robust online service, and delivery centers in over 100 cities.
Startup Insight: Healthy Treat – An Indian D2C Snacks Brand for Good Health
Wooden Street – Founders
|Vikas Baheti||Dell Technologies, and Vertex||Founder|
|Virendra Singh Ranawat||None||Founder|
|Lokendra Singh Ranawat||Birlasoft||Founder, CEO|
|Dinesh Pratap Singh||Procter and Gamble, and Bharat Petroleum||Founder|
Startup Insight: Simpliv Learning – A Platform for Online Learning & Teaching
Wooden Street – Mission and Vision
Mission: Wooden Street Mission is a children’s charity helping children and families living on a low income in Manchester and Salford. They provide practical support to help meet children’s day-to-day needs and improve their life chances. Through their project called ‘Family Baiscs’, they help struggling families in meeting their basic needs.
Vision: Wooden Street aim has always been to offer products that improve the aesthetics and comfort of Indian homes. They focus on design and innovation, enabling functional and designer items at affordable prices. They are also happy to welcome WestBridge Capital, which shares a common vision of creating better products for the customers.
Wooden Street – Competitors
- Floyd: Floyd is a direct-to-consumer furniture brand that changes the way people consume, keep, and enjoy their furniture.
- MADE: Made.com is an online e-commerce platform directly providing designer furniture without third-party involvement.
- Chairish: Chairish is an online marketplace for high-end home furniture, art, and décor.
Wooden Street – Revenue and Growth
For the fiscal year ending on March 31, 2021, Wooden Street recorded a surge of 95.1% in its operating revenue to Rs 70.75 crore from Rs 36.26 crore in FY20. During the period, its profits shot up 272% to Rs 1.86 crore in FY21 as compared to nearly Rs 50 lakh in the preceding fiscal year. The company aims to generate around Rs 600 crore in revenue in 2022.
Startup Insight: Jaipur Rugs – A Global Leader in the Rug-making Business
Wooden Street – Future Plans
Furniture-based brand Wooden Street announced that it is ready to grow exponentially by doubling its on-ground presence of stores from 45-100. They have set their eyes on generating approximately Rs 600 crore in revenue with an investment of Rs 50 crore.
Wooden Street – Warehouse and Supply Chain
Fully Centralised WMS systems across all their warehouses help to monitor all your orders closely so that none of them get delayed. Our well-equipped delivery centers ensure that all the products stay safe and untouched before they reach you. Well, researched routes and ample delivery vehicles help them to optimize the journey of your order at its best, making the finest furniture reach you ASAP.
- 300+ Delivery centres
- 150+ On-road vehicles
Wooden Street – Technology
Wooden street uses 20 technology products and services including HTML5, Google Analytics, and jQuery, according to G2 Stack.
Wooden Street is actively using 30 technologies for its website, according to BuiltWith. These include Viewport Meta, IPhone/Mobile Compatible, and SPF.
Wooden Street – Advantages of buying furniture
- Experience of myriad range of designs: As Wooden street is an online store it often has an extensive range of products to purchase. You get a detailed description of every product you want to buy. The variety helps you to choose the desired item you want according to your budget and needs. It gives access to more options which we rarely get at physical stores.
- Getting exciting offers and discounts: Normally we see that getting good offers is difficult online especially when comes to furniture. But Wooden street assures to provide a good number of offers and discounts so that it becomes easy for you to buy without any second thought.
- Converting your dream home into reality: Wooden style provides you with vital information about every product, so you do not need to remember anything. You can get all the information regarding the product and its dimension right on the page. So, you can decide at your convenience whether it will fit easily in the required space properly or not.
- Free delivery and installation: Wooden street provides free delivery and installation to every customer all over India. All you have to do is just select your desired item and they will provide the product to your doorstep.
- Shopping from your comfort zone: Wooden street being an online store makes it convenient for every customer to shop from their comfort zone of home without visiting any store which saves a lot of time and effort for every customer.
Wooden Street – Journey
- Marked the beginning of woodenstreet.com, the Finest Custom Furniture brand in June 2015.
- 1st Experience store inaugurated in Bangalore.
- Launched Android and IOS app
- Series- A funding of $1 Million from RVCF
- Launched penguin mattress brand
- Expanded the current warehouse capacity by fivefold
- Launched 50+ Experience stores across India.
Wooden Street – Packages
- Classic furniture package
- Deluxe furniture package
- Superior furniture package
- Luxury Furniture package
Wooden Street – Recent News
- PRLOG- Check out the Latest Modular Kitchen Designs on WoodenStreet at the best prices
- DealStreetAsia- India Digest: Ayu health Hospitals raises $27m; Wooden street raises $30m
- VCCircle- WestBridge Capital bets $30 mn on furniture brand WoodStreet.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Where is Wooden Streets headquarters?
Wooden Street is located in Jaipur, Rajasthan, India.
Who invested in Wooden Street?
Wooden Street has 3 investors including WestBridge Capital and IAN Fund.
When was the last funding round for Wooden Street?
Wooden Street closed its last funding round on April 21, 2022, from a Series B round.
Who are the founders of Wooden Street?
The Jaipur-based Wooden Street was founded in 2015 by Lokendra Singh Ranawat, Virendra Ranawat, Dinesh Singh Rathore, and Vikas Baheti.