The annual Singapore India Hackathon is a competition that challenges the most talented individuals in both countries to work together and think outside the box to solve pressing societal issues. Students, academics, and business leaders will be able to collaborate on healthcare, education, finance, and sustainability issues at this event.
In order to harness and showcase the creative potential of youth from the two nations, Prime Ministers of Singapore and India, Mr. Lee Hsien Loong and Shri Narendra Modi, launched the first Singapore India Hackathon (SI Hackathon) in Singapore in 2018. The SI Hackathon, organised by Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), continues in India in 2019. It was hosted by IIT Madras.
After the break caused by COVID, the Singapore India Hackathon 2023 will take place in India as part of the G20. Singapore and India have launched a specific initiative to encourage continued international understanding and cooperation in education, as well as increased startup and student collaboration in entrepreneurship and innovation. It will take place in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, on July 17 and 18 in conjunction with the G20 Finance Ministers’ meeting.
Register Now – Singapore India Hackathon (SI Hackathon) 2023
Singapore India Hackathon Themes: The theme for SI Hackathon 2023 is Fintech and ESG & Sustainability.
What’s in it for me?
- The Singapore India Hackathon startup track winner will receive an automatic entry into the Singapore Fintech Festival Hackathon and a chance to win SGD 50000.
- Winning Team Founder gets an automatic – invite to speak at the iconic Founders Peak Stage at Singapore Fintech Festival 2023.
- Top 3 startups get fast-tracked into TiE Stars Mentoring Program with TiE Singapore and a pathway to TiE Singapore Angel Fund.
- The 6 Finalists will compete in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, on 14 – 15th July and will be paid a travel allowance and stipend.
- The winner will be guaranteed automatic entry into the Singapore Fintech Festival Hackathon, alongside the chance to win SGD 50,000.
- Founder of the winning team will receives an invitation to speak at the iconic Founders Peak Stage at Singapore FinTech Festival 2023.
- The top 3 startups will be fast-tracked into the TiE(The Indus Entrepreneurs) Stars Mentoring Program with TiE Singapore, with a pathway to the TiE Angel Fund.
- Receive exposure to the Indian and Singaporean startup ecosystem as well as mentoring and networking opportunities with corporate members of CII (Confederation of Indian Industry) and TiE (The Indus Entrepreneurs)
- Singaporean students will receive fully sponsored return tickets to Gandhinagar, including accommodation, along with a SGD 500 stipend / Indian students will receive fully sponsored travel to Gandhinagar, including accommodation.
- Exposure to Indian and Singaporean start up ecosystem, mentorship, and networking with corporate members of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE).
- A unique opportunity to present solutions to a select G20 delegation of Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors.
- Career enhancement through a fast-track job or internship placement interview with DBS Bank
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Singapore Deputy Prime Minister are expected to attend the event this year and present the awards. 12 student teams comprising of 2 Indian and 2 Singaporean students each will compete in-person for a 36 hour Hackathon on 14-15 July at IIT Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India. 12 global startups will compete in-person on 15 July at IIT Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India. Prizes will be awarded on 16-17 July.
About Singapore India Hackathon
On March 13, 2023, in New Delhi, India, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, India’s Minister of Education, Skill Development, and Entrepreneurship, and Mr Gan Kim Yong, Singapore’s Minister for Trade and Industry, announced the Singapore India Hackathon 2023. The final of the Singapore-India Hackathon 2023 will be held as a part of India’s G20 Presidency in Gandhinagar, Gujarat under the G20 Finance Ministers’ meeting from 14-17th July.