Today India has earned a name in startups all over the world and in a very short time, India has made itself stand at the third position. If we talk before 2015, there were neither so many startups nor so much interest in India, very few unicorns were the names of India. But since the Government of India showed interest in it and came up with many schemes so that people here can easily start their startups, people came forward and started startups and have brought India to this point today. So let us see in today’s article why the Government of India has decided to celebrate National Startup Day 2023.
The date 16th of January is a historic day for the Indian startup ecosystem since 2016. Six years ago, the Government of India under the leadership of Modi announced the Startup India Action Plan intending to build a strong foundation for the startup ecosystem in the country.
Read also – Top 10 Indian Women Investors in Startup Ecosystem 2023
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced to mark January 16 2022 as ‘National Start-up Day’. It was announced by PM Modi during a week-long event “Celebrating Innovation Ecosystem” via video conferencing as a part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav on January 15, 2022. During the event, the Prime Minister interacted with over 150 startups across various sectors.
The Prime Minister said, “Start-ups are going to be the backbone of New India. Start-ups will play an important role when India completes 100 years of independence. The country’s innovators are making the country proud globally.” He further added, “This decade is being called ‘Technology’ of India…to strengthen innovation, open entrepreneurial and start-up ecosystem in entrepreneurship, innovation free from government processes, bureaucratic silos.”
PM Modi also said, “India’s startups are now working in 55 different industries. Five years ago, there were not even 500 startups in India! Today the number has crossed 60,000.”
Read also – Top 10 Freelancing Websites For Freshers in India 2023
According to the PMO(prime minister office), the event is being hosted by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry from January 10 to January 16. The objective of the interaction is to understand how startups can contribute to national needs by driving innovation in the country.
The PMO said that this has had a tremendous impact on the startup ecosystem in the country and has led to an unprecedented growth of unicorns in the country.
Read also – Top 10 Indian Insurtech Startups to Watch | Insurtech Startups In India 2023
Top 20 Inspirational quotes of the startup’s founders | National Startup Day 2023
- “I don’t believe in taking the right decisions. I take decisions and then make them right.” – Ratan Tata
- “Meeting the deadlines is not good enough, beating the deadlines is my expectation.” – Dhirubhai Ambani
- Always hire people who are smarter than you.” -Sachin Bansal, Founder of Flipkart
- “Today I see a billion people as a billion potential consumers, an opportunity to generate value for them and to make a return for myself” – Mukesh Ambani, CEO & Chairman of Reliance
Read also – Top 20 Agritech Startups in India | Indian Agritech Startups 2023
- “If people are not laughing at your goals, your goals are too small” – Azim Premji, Chairman of Wipro
- Our startups are changing the rules of the game. That’s why I believe startups are going to be the backbone of new India. – PM Modi
- “If you fully accept the worst that can ever happen in your journey, fear won’t ever be an obstacle in starting-up” – Kunal Shah, Founder of Freecharge
Read also – Top Drone Startups in India in 2023 | Indian Dronetech Startups
- “A person who is happy is not because everything is right in his life, he is happy because his attitude towards everything in his life is right.” – Sundar Pichai, CEO Google & Alphabet Inc.
- “Don’t be a jerk. Even if you are brilliant, don’t be a brilliant jerk.” – Girish Mathrubootham, Freshdesk
- “It is extremely important to build something that a 100 people absolutely love using rather than making something that a 1000 people would just, kind of, like.” – Ritesh Agarwal, Founder of OYO
- Never hire someone to do initial sales. In fact, you must acquire your first 100 customers yourself – Shashank ND, Practo
Read also – Top 10 Best Internship Websites In India in 2023
- “The trench is as much a part of growth and expansion as the peak is. Hitting the bottom before you succeed is almost a rite of passage.” – Dr. Ashwin Naik, Vaatsalya Healthcare
- “Ideas are no one’s monopoly. Think big, think fast, think ahead.” – Dhirubhai Ambani, Reliance Industries
- If you are an entrepreneur, your communication skills matter more than your technical knowledge. – Aishwarya Goel, Swarn Amrit
- “Entrepreneurship is akin to riding a dragon — there are more ups and downs than you can ever imagine. But every challenge on the way only makes you stronger, and every failure only bears new learnings.” – Yatin Hans, Founder of Bigsmall
- The biggest myth is that Indians want old ways of doing things. We have been shocked by how fast digital payment took off. – Vijay Shekhar Sharma, Paytm
- I want to be recognized as a successful entrepreneur, not just as a successful woman entrepreneur. – Anisha Singh, Mydala
- “You cannot get into business for the fashion of it.” – Azim Premji, Wipro
- “Stay focused on effectively solving customer’s problems. The money will come.” – Nikesh Arora, SoftBank
Read also – Top 10 Ayurvedic Startups in India 2023
- Women need to learn to take credit and recognition where it is due. Women also need to learn to promote themselves. – Sonali Sinha, Soaring Eagles Learning
These are some best National Startup Day 2023: Top 20 Startup Quotes, Images, Wishes.
The country was declared the third top country to host unicorn companies for the year 2021. India had displaced Britain from the third position in 2021. America is first and China is second on the list.
Read also – How Online Mandis are different from Commodity Trading Companies
Today, even though India has made its mark in startups, the government still needs to improve a lot in this area. There is no doubt that India is growing but we have to grow fast to compete with China and America. And for this, the government will have to develop the necessary infrastructure by taking villages and small towns along and helping in creating a startup ecosystem.
This was our selection of the National Startup Day 2023: Top 20 Startup Quotes, Images, Wishes. We hope this is useful to you. The order of this list is random.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Why is 16th Jan National startup Day?
As the “backbone” of the new India and the force behind the country’s economic growth in the years leading up to its 100th anniversary of independence, Prime Minister Narendra Modi declared January 16 of each year beginning in 2022 to be National Startup Day 2023.
When was startup India launched in India?
The Startup India Initiative was initiated on January 16, 2016, and has since rolled out many programmes with the goals of fostering entrepreneurship, constructing a healthy startup ecosystem, and changing India into a nation of job creators rather than job seekers.
What is the concept of startup India?
The Government of India’s flagship programme, Startup India, aims to promote startup culture and create a robust, inclusive ecosystem for innovation and entrepreneurship in India.