In the month of May (16th May, 2022), Dr. Chintan Vaishnav, Mission Director, AIM-NITI Aayog visited the Atal Incubation Centre (AIC) – Rambhau Mhalgi Prabodhini (RMP) Foundation. He interacted with AIC-RMP Incubatees, mentors & partners through the ‘संवाद’ platform and had a tour of the state of the Art campus / facility at Uttan, Bhayander (West). He was accompanied by Garima Ujjainia, Consultant – NITI Aayog.
Dr. Chintan Vaishnav encouraged the startups by giving examples of successful startup as well as he pointed that patience and persistence are the key to success. While talking with the academic partners he pointed the importance of changing the education eco-system and making in more startup friendly.
Atal Incubation Centre (AIC) – Rambhau Mhalgi Prabodhini (RMP) Foundation has incuabteed 44 startups (includes 15+ Women-led Start-Ups)through three (3) cohorts & these startups / incubatees from initial two Cohorts have created more than 300 jobs. There is a vast diversity in the incuabtees as few had come at an initial idea stage like JawharTourism and there are startups like Omnicuris which were already in Scale-up stage.
Dr. Chintan Vaishnav appreciated the incubatees from 1stCohort who have graduated from AIC- RMP. Three startups – Ommicurs Healthcare Pvt Ltd, TGC Technologies Pvt Ltd., Ennoble Social Innvoatpns Pvt Ltd were physically present to collect graduation certificates from the hands of Vaishnav and Arvind Rege, Managing Director, RMP. The other startups who have gratuated but could not be present were Vasundharaa Geo Technologies, Immrse, TradeDoot Agriculture Marketing Solutions Pvt Ltd. Dr. Vaishnav appreciated the efforts & philosophy of AIC-RMP and highlighted that the Centre has the potential to become a Regional hub in near future.
Since its inception in 2019, AIC-RMP has come a long way. It has onboarded 70+ industry experts/mentors, who constantly provide guidance, assistance and mentoring to the start-ups. There are 12+ academic partners & support from 20+ organizations from the ecosystem to foster the start-ups, budding entrepreneurs and students. AIC-RMP has organized two editions of ‘New India Start-Up Conclave’ under its flagship initiative and also launched an Accelerator Programme named “AgriGATE” – in association with Global Parli.
Few success stories:
- Omnicuris Healthcare Private Limited has received the NITI Aayog Aspirational District project by creating a first-ever platform for online medical education by leveraging advanced digital technology and combining it with rich medical expertise from reputed medical associations, medical institutes.
- Ground Truth Technology Private Limited was featured in ISRO reform booklet. The startup leverages Machine Learning & Computer Vision technologies for near real-time insights on key economic indicators and brings an unmatched competitive edge to its clients at a fraction of the cost.
- Bandura Tech Private Limited (BHyve) has successfully raised funds (upto INR 2.5 Crores) from reputed venture capitalists like 100x.VC, Let’s Venture, JITO etc. & is planning to raise another round soon. BHyve was conceptualized during the pandemic on the concept that the key to employee productivity and engagement is access to tacit knowledge – that can help employees do their work better, connect and collaborate while being remote, learn and grow on the job.
- A virtual internship platform provider Immrse Education Private Limited has been acquired by Mindler Education.
- E&P Community Farms one of the 3rd Cohort incubatees who are now a part of the Youth Co: Lab 2021, co-created by UNDP and Atal Innovation Mission.
- Cohort One incuabteeVaibhavGholap, an Social Entrepreneur, Director Jawhar Tourism was awarded by Ambedkar Young Entrepreneurs League (AYEL). Jawahar Tourism and Hospitality Pvt. Ltd was honored for subscription-based Rural Tourism booking portal and give in-principal approval for optionally convertible preference shares worth Rs 30 lakh under ASIIM under VSF -SC.
AIC-RMP is committed to fulfil the dream of ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ by supporting the most committed & deserving Startups& SME. It is contributing to the Startup Eco-system with the help of community of mentors, experts, coaches & consultants.
Atal Incubation Centre – Rambhau Mhalgi Prabodhini Foundation (AIC-RMP) has been set-up in alignment with the Government of India’s flagship initiative NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission. Its focus is on nurturing, hand-holding and supporting the new age entrepreneurs for the New India. It aims to create and support sustainable business models from the grassroot level, including social enterprises, all of which contributes to the larger goal of nation building. The Incubator is sector focussed viz. Agriculture, ICT & Social impact and supporting registered startups preferably from Maharashtra.